Monday 15 July 2013

on my desk





It's not every day my desk looks like this! I knew you were coming over so I tidied up ;)  
I don't have the craft room or studio of my dreams. Living in a unit / apartment in a busy part of the city can be compact, but I've made the most of the space I do have. It helps to be organised and have a place to put everything away - storage boxes from Ikea, tackle boxes, recycled jars and a couple of vintage wooden boxes. 




These plastic storage boxes with lots of compartments are a great place to keep beads and jewellery findings. 





organised chaos..





this globe doubles as a storage place for a shell crown




Instead of buying new jars, recycle. It's worth spending the time soaking off sticky labels and it's good to be able to see what's inside. I'm labelling mine with chalk board stickers. 
See how I made the shelves here.







I'm loving this wooden hand I bought at TYPO on sale for only $15, if you're in Australia. It makes a great jewellery holder.



Tell me.. what's on your desk?




18 comments:

  1. I love seeing all of your beads and pretty bracelet supplies. I'm sewing a heart right now and it's on my desk. Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. beads do look nice in photos..i look forward to seeing your heart. x

      Delete
  2. your desk space looks so nice and fresh and TIDY!!! I do like that hand for the jewlry, we have a typo close by, must take a look in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. much tidier than usual! hopefully they are still on sale, i've always liked them. x

      Delete
  3. Lovely, lovely desk. Love all the little anchor medallions. Have a great week! ~ Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks vanessa.. i love an anchor or 2. hope you have a great week too! x

      Delete
  4. i use those tackle boxes for my jewellery, they make great storage. love the colour of your chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. currenty my oroton leather bag is my desk...I have all my bills,diary,tax invoices and mail on me all day long....presently trying to set up an office up the coast house...you are so neat!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be great to get your move over with. it stayed tidy for a few minutes. x

      Delete
  6. I love the sooting, clean look of your desk. I must have missed the post about how to make the shelves. I think I might like to make some.

    My desk is actually clean right now because I participated in the Where Bloggers Create party at My Desert Cottage. I got everything organized and I have kept it that way through 3 projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, gosh you really don't want to see my desk!!!! definently not as organised as yours, but I have been working on it actally! It does get a bit neglected!!! I love typo, they have some great little trinkets; I love your boxes! they look older, I was surprised when you said where you got them from!
    have a wonderful sunshiny day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a good one.
    Love the box full collection. Thank you so much.
    accommodation byron bay

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like such a nice place to work on, very serene, I love how the chair brings some colour. My desk is also in the living-room, as I don't have an office.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love globes..yours with tropical crown really keeps it beachy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your desk looks so organised. I love your shelves too!
    sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, you do not want to see my desk at the moment. Maybe one day soon it will look as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...