Saturday 9 April 2011

tea party

after telling sophie i had to eat cake for  a beach cottage saturday mission... she convinced me to go buy lots at our favourite greek pattiserie the sweet spot in randwick. they have the best ricotta cannolis, among other things. she also encouraged me to buy la carribean which is the yellow one with raspberry and pineapple leaf just for the photo and i was glad i did!
sophie's collection of teacups and saucers came in handy as well as her floral skills.
we covered the shabby old outdoor table in a white sheet, plonked teacups filled with flowers, and plates and saucers randomly and brought out the mismatched vintage chairs from inside.
we love how it turned out.. perfectly imperfect.
then we ate.










cheryl & sophie
xx

6 comments:

  1. Just found your blog!

    How beautiful, love the mismatched china, the pastries look divine and yes especially that Caribbean one!

    Keren
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Love it. This is how one should really live life. In full colour and sweet surrender. And how was the weather yesterday? I think it was the nicest day of the year so far. I was walking around in love with my surroundings.

    The last of the frangipani has me writing and styling furiously for next week.

    Looks like you guys are living it up in the east. I love the 'Spot' in Randwick too...now that brings back lots of youthful memories for me.

    Your posts are greatly stimulating for me interms of my youth
    Best Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming! What a neat way to use my chipped-ol' teacups. Delicious photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful table, love the pretty china.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a really lovely tea party. Great photos and styling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is all so pretty.....a feast for the senses, I am absolutely adoring the look of your table setting and then I'm certain those cakes were just divine xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...